Hosting (also known as website hosting or Web hosting) is the business of housing, serving, and maintaining files for one or more websites. In a sense, you rent space on a computer to hold your website. Your host, the computer where your website files are stored, assigns an address (DNS) for your files to your domain name so that anyone can find your website on the Internet by typing in your domain name.
What is Hosting?
Hosting is what makes it possible for others to view your website over the Internet. Without it, you’re the only one who will ever get a look. ShineDaddy.com serves up…
If you want your friends, family and customers to see your website, you must host it.
- One-click set-up
- Unlimited storage and bandwidth
- Scalability to fit your needs
- 24/7 secure monitoring
Shine Daddy offer fast, secure, reliable hosting that grows with your business. Hosting that’s easy, reliable and lightning-fast.
Fast sites = happy visitors
Did you know a 1 second delay in your website page load time can cause a 7% reduction in conversion? This can have a huge impact on your bottom line which is why we work hard to maintain top page load times in the industry.
- Industry-leading page load times
- High-performance servers for fast web sites
App installs just a click away
Our one-click install process has all your Web hosting app needs covered, making it easy to build, enhance and manage your site.
- Need a content management system (CMS) for your Website? Joomla and Drupal are just a click away
- Maybe you want to sell products on your website. Try Magneto with one-click.
Powerful hosting made easy
With its user-friendly control panels featuring cPanel®, our Hosting puts you in charge. And thanks to our award-winning data centers, lightning-fast load times and 24/7 monitoring, you know your site will always be safe, secure and online – guaranteed*.
Award-winning security keeps your site safe
Keeping a website secure is a full time job. That’s why our security team is on the job 24/7, monitoring your site for suspicious activity and protecting it against brute force and DDoS attacks.
We use industry-standard control panels giving you the flexibility to choose the platform that works best for your needs. Choose from cPanel for Linux or Parallels Plesk for Windows. If you plan on using a Web application to blog, podcast, or create a shopping cart and you are working with a designer or developer to build your site, check to see what operating system the application needs (Linux or Windows) or what software language will be used, before purchasing your hosting account.
cPanel for Linux
Each Linux plan includes:
- cPanel: Access all the hosting features and settings you need with this industry-standard control panel.
- CloudLinux: Keep your site online with truly balanced CPU, RAM and Disk IO limits.
- CageFS: Protect your Web content 24/7 with this virtualized file system.
- Free Applications: Instantly install over 150 applications on your website with just a few clicks.
Choose Linux if you’re going to use PHP, Perl or CGI scripting. Our Linux accounts use a MySQL database.
Parallels Plesk for Windows
Each Windows plan includes:
- Parallels Plesk Panel: Easily manage your server, email accounts and more with this popular, award-winning control panel.
- Windows Server 2012: Take control of your hosting with Microsoft’s newest and most powerful server operating system.
- Free Applications: Instantly install over 70 applications on your website with just a few clicks.
Choose Windows if you’re going to use APS or ASP.NET. Our Windows hosting customers typically use a SQL Server (MS SQL).
All Plans Include
- World-class data centers
- Best-of-Breed routers, firewalls and servers
- FREE email addresses
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- One-click install of free applications
- Unlimited Monthly Bandwidth
- Flexible, easy to use control panel (cPanel or Plesk)
- 1 GB storage MySQL linux databases
- NO hidden fees
- 24/7 security monitoring and DDoS protection